If you’re looking for the highest quality de-icer available, then you’ve come to the right place thanks to the new Ice-Away De-Icer! Outdoor Water Solutions developed their innovative de-icer in 1967 and used a patented motor mount/diffuser and scientifically engineered prop to lift 500 gallons of water power minute. This pushes water upwards while drawing warmer water from below. Our uniquely designed diffuser redirects the water flow outward creating a larger area of coverage. The Ice-Away is capable of keeping an 8′ diameter area of water open for every foot of propeller depth. The average suspended depth is approximately 5′ up to 8′ deep.
What’s best about this system is that it’s oil free. Most of the de-icers on the market use an oil-filled motor which has the potential to leak oil into your pond or lake should a seal fail. These motors are an upgraded water-cooled motor so no oil is required.
- Stainless steel Franklin Electric submersible motor (water cooled, water lubricated, U.L. recognized, C.S.A. certified)
- Eco friendly motor (no oil required)
- No long shafts to bend or become out of balance: 5/8” diameter, 1-1/2” long motor shaft
- No seals or bearings to maintain
- Computer designed, high speed, foul resistant propeller
- Exclusive flow directing diffuser
- 1/2 hp, 500 gpm (available in 115-volt, 12.0 amps or 230-volt, 6.0 amps)
- (2) 10’ sling ropes provided
- Two-year warranty
- Backed by our outstanding customer service
Optional prop guard and mounting float available. The prop guard protects the unit from excess trash and debris. The float converts the Ice-Away into a surface aerator which can also keep the water open in the winter while adding supplemental oxygen to your pond or lake.